Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another 4th Grade Example of a Veteran's Day Essay... Nice Job!

What Veteran’s Day Means To Me
By : Abby

When you think of holidays do think of no school

or getting candy or presents well you are probably

thinking of a lot of holidays , but you’re not thinking

about Veteran’s Day. This holiday isn’t about getting

stuff. It’s about honoring and giving thanks to people

that sacrifice their time and their lives to keep our country

safe.

My cousin Nathan was a member of the Red Bulls,

which was the longest serving national guard troop in

the Iraq war. One group that was very important was the

group that went to Vietnam and Korea like my friends

Joe Warnet and Ralph Spoden . A lot of young

men where chosen by the draft . The draft was created

by the U.S. Goverment, it meant young males didn’t have a

choice whether or not to go to war and neither did their

parents.



A way to say thank you is if you see a Soldier

in uniform say “thank you”. Or if you are at any veteran’s

ceremony be respectful.

I wouldn’t know how it would feel if I didn’t have the

stuff that I do every day. For example, transportation to

place to place ,a chance to choose our jobs , or for some

girls to go to school and get a good education like

myself. So, to all the people that sacrifice so much for us

I give you thanks.