Friday, November 11, 2011

Mady and Cole Were Our Veteran's Day Essay Representatives






Here are their essays....



Veterans Day Essay

By: Madysen

Veterans Day is the day we remember those people who have fought to keep us free.

Several of my family members were part of the Armed Forces. My great-grandpa Edward served in World War I. My great-uncle Ernie served in World War II. My great-uncle John served in Korea. And my great-uncle Mike served in Vietnam.

It is important that we never forget the sacrifices our veterans made for us. As well as,the brave men and women who put their lives on the line for us today.

We should never take our freedoms for granted. We should be proud of our country, proud of our flag, and proud of our veterans. Especially on Veterans Day.








Veterans Day Essay

by Cole

We should never take for granted the freedoms that we have come to expect. These routine liberties have been given to us through the sacrifices of our veterans. Veterans have contributed to our enjoyment of a lifestyle that includes choices, respect, and freedom. We should continue to give them our respect and let them know how much we appreciate them. Veterans are respectful, honest, and brave. Our lifestyles could be so much different and so much more difficult without a veterans effort, bravery, sacrifice, and thoughtfulness.

I am thankful for the lifestyle that I lead and I know that many people around the country can only dream of having our freedoms and you should be thankful too! We participate in so many freedoms that it could be easy to become forgetful of how we got to this point. One of the things. I appreciate on a daily basis is playing. I appreciate the fact that I can play with friends safely anywhere. Even watching TV is an expected freedom that we have and it’s easy to forget or think that this could have been lost or taken away. We should all be aware of what was done to give us these happy experiences.

America has become a country that accepts others and their differences. A lot of other countries don’t have freedom. Here in America we respect one another. With a little bit of desire and effort everyone can fit in. America is this way because intelligent, brave, and mighty people made it so.

A veteran I know, my grandpa has sacrificed his time to keep our country safe. It would be difficult to be away from home. I appreciate what my grandpa has done, and I am thankful he helped save our country. It is important that we not just take this day, but use every day, to show our respect for his or her service to our country.

I am thankful that I live in a country that has freedom. I think we should thank the veterans. Veterans Day is all about freedom. Thank you for my rights. Thank you for my freedom!