Monday, November 28, 2011

Good questions to ask your child...

When is your November Reading Contract due? (Answer: November 30th -see contract information below)








Reading Contract
for November 2011

I, ______________________________ will read at home everyday and will keep a log of my daily reading minutes in my agenda. My goal is to read ___________________ minutes (minimum 380) for the month of November.

My parent(s) will check my reading minutes and sign my agenda at the end of every day (recommended), week, or month. I will return my agenda to school daily so my teacher can check it. My reading minutes must be validated and verified, by the end of the contract due date, with a parent signature to qualify as a completed contract.

I will need to attempt to earn eleven Accelerated Reading (AR) points by 9 AM on November 30th to meet the fourth grade AR goal for the first trimester . For the points to count toward my AR accumulated total, the AR accuracy score on the AR test must be at least 60%. Again, students are required to pass all AR tests with a 60% accuracy rate for the test to count toward their first trimester AR goal.

In addition, I will complete all items listed within the grid on the back of this contract. Many of these items will be completed in class, but all of them will be due during the month of November. Pretests will be given before the Study Island tests can be taken. Please correct your errors on your pretests.

Again, I understand that to be eligible for an end of the trimester reward (Swimming Party at the high school in December), I must earn eleven AR points with a 60% accuracy rate. Also, to participate in our first White Elephant Sale on November 30th, I must read, sign, and comply with the terms of this contract.


My current Reading Level, based on the MAP’s Reading test, is


__________________ - _________________________.

All AR books must fall within this range or above.


_______________________________
Student Signature

_______________________________
Parent Signature

______________________________
Teacher Signature

Note: Signed contracts are due back in school on or before November 4th, so Mr. Krupa can photocopy them and give the originals back to each of you.