Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homework and Words of Gratitude

Hello!


We have all but eight forms turned in!!!!!!!! That's fantastic! Thank you so much for returning these items so quickly!!!!


Our first writing project is due on Thursday. It will be placed in the hallway and is meant to introduce ourselves to others. It needs to be five paragreaphs long and each paragraph requires a minimum of four sentences. We discussed topic sentences and viewed an example of this assignment (see example below). Here are some of the items you should look for within your child's work.


Are there five paragraphs? Yes No

Does each paragraph have at least four sentences? Yes No


Are all five paragraphs indented? Yes No


Does each sentence have a punctuation mark? Yes No


Is there a title? Yes No






I Am Excited to Meet You!



Hello! My name is Dan T***** and I am nine years old. I am a fourth grader at Pleasantview Elementary. This is my third year attending this school. I enjoy math, reading, and P.E. Last year I had one of the highest third grade math scores on the MCA tests. I am really excited about learning how to divide this year. I think this will be a fantastic school year!

I have people in my family. My dad’s name is George and he likes to go fishing. My mom’s name is Marie and she enjoys running. My older sister is fourteen and her name is Kelly. My little brother’s name is Michael and he is two years old. We move to Sauk Rapids when I was six years old. We moved from Wyoming. I like living in Minnesota better than Wyoming.

This year will be interesting because we get to make inventions, learn division, broadcast on WAEL, and get to earn Krupa dollars. I am excited to see my friends Cole, Kevin, Tara, and John. I hope they are all in my class. I’ve heard that Mr. Krupa is really nice, if you get your work done and stay on task.

This summer was a lot of fun. I got a new bike and went biking all the time. My mom let me ride down to the park and I played baseball with my friends almost every day. We took a trip to the Black HIlls and to Canada. One thing I learned was how to build a birdhouse. Next summer, I hope we get to go to Valley Fair.

If you have time, you should stop and introduce yourself to me. I would like to meet you and hear about your summer. I would also like to know if we like the same hobbies. It would be cool if we could become friends and hang out. I look forward to meeting lots of people this year!


Good quesions to ask yor child...
When are your three items due?
Is your story done? Who edited it for you? May I see it?


Good evening!