Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ideas for the Persuasion Essay


Description of an Essay and Sample Topics
The following is an example of an outline of an essay:
I. Introduction-I would like very much to have my very own dog.
A. The dog we have now came into our family before I was born
B. Buster was friends with my older brother before he ever knew me.
II. Body-There are three reasons I think I should have my own dog.
A. Buster seems to belong to my older brother.
1. He always goes to Jerry first.
2. If my brother starts to leave the house, Buster always wants to go with him.
B. Both of us cannot go to different places at the same time with Buster.
1. It seems that every time I want to take Buster with me for a walk, Jerry has already left to take Buster somewhere else.
2. When I am home alone, I would like to have a dog that is loyal to me.
C. I think it is just as important for me to have a pet as it is for Jerry to have one.
1. Just as Jerry has, I can learn to be responsible for a pet
2. Just as Jerry has one, I could have my own loyal companion.
III. Conclusion-Therefore, I think it would be a good idea for me to have my own dog.
A. I would have a pet to care for and one to care for me.
B. The dog would get to know me from the beginning and be my loyal companion.
IV.  Call to Action - Let’s drive to Dan’s Boarding Kennel and purchase a new golden retriever, just like Buster.