Friday, February 10, 2012

February Reading Contract

Reading Contract
For February 6th Through March 2nd

I, _________________________ will read at home every day and will keep a log of my daily reading minutes in my agenda. My goal is to read ______________ (a minimum of 350) minutes for the time period of February 6th through March 2nd. My new reading range is

_____________-_____________ listed on the board in the room

My parent(s) will check my reading minutes and sign my agenda at the end of every day. I will return it to school daily so my teacher can check it, too.

I will need to pass enough Accelerated Reading test(s) to earn the opportunity to participate in the second trimester reward. This reward is a trip to the National Hockey Center. I currently have ______________AR points accumulate for the second trimester and need to earn _____________ more points to meet my 12-point goal. I must earn at least a 60% accuracy rate on each test for it to qualify as passed. As of today, my overall second trimester accuracy score is ___________________. (see attached AR score sheet to complete these questions)

In addition, I will need to complete all six-grid activities on the back of this contract. Also, this is the month of kindness and love. Your Home to School Connection will be 14 plus one. This task involves counting backwards from fourteen by twos and giving myself and another person one compliment when you feel blue, stressed, or angry. Hopefully from there on, my feelings will be calm, my thinking will be under control, and my next action to my current situation will be inspired to search for reasonable compromises that have positive outcomes.

I will also need to sign up to participate as a broadcasting team member on WAEL. My task will be to assist in helping to present the pertinent information for the day.

Finally, I understand that to be eligible for a March reading contract reward, I must read, sign, and comply with the terms of this contract.

Remember: There are other school wide reading goals and rewards for the month of February and this monthly contract is meant to help you stay on task and accomplish these goals, too. Good luck and enjoy your success!

__________________________ _________________________
Student Signature Parent Signature

________________________
Teacher Signature Reading Contract

Signed contracts are due back for photocopying on Feb. 8th








Earn a bingo on your "I Love to Read" fun sheet PS _____________


Earn a minimum of 12 AR points by March 2nd PS___________

Finish reading "Shark Lady" and complete the comprehension packet TS__________

Take the AR test for the book " Cricket in TIme Square" PS__________________


Complete at least two A - Projects TS__________

Design a container for our Valentine's Day party. Enter it in one of our prize categories. PS________


Complete the Biography Packet with a Keynote project TS_______

Sign up to particpate in AAA PS_______