Monday, December 5, 2011

December Contract - Enjoy Your Discoveries!!!

Reading Contract
for December 2011

I, ______________________________ will read at home everyday and will keep a log of my daily reading minutes in my agenda. My goal is to read ___________minutes (minimum 240 minutes) for the month of December.
My parent(s) will check my reading minutes and sign my agenda at the end of every day (recommended), week, or month. I will return my agenda to school daily so my teacher can check it. My reading minutes must be validated and verified, by the end of the contract date, with a parent signature to qualify as a completed contract.
I will need to attempt to earn at least two and a half Accelerated Reading (AR) points by 8 AM on December 21st. For the points to count toward a student’s AR accumulated total, the AR accuracy score on the AR test must be at least _______(minimum 60%, suggesting 70%). The AR goal for the second trimester is 12 points.
I will complete a minimum of nine of the twelve items listed within the grid on the back of this contract. The eight items printed in bold text are required activities. Also, I will need to memorize and share one winter poem with the class. This presentation may be done individually or with a partner. All the tasks written in this contract are to be completed by 8 AM on December 21st.
Finally, I understand that to be eligible for an end of the month White Elephant Sale on December 21st, I must read, sign, and comply with the terms of this contract. Again, all tasks need to be completed by 8 AM on December 21st.

_______________________________
Student Signature

_______________________________
Parent Signature

______________________________
Teacher Signature

Title of your first AR book_______________________________________________


Point Value_________ Book Level (must be within your reading range)_________


Title of your poem__________________________________________________
(to be chosen on Friday, December 9th in the computer lab

Note: Signed contracts are due back in school on or before December 8h, so Mr. Krupa can photocopy them and give the originals back to you.