Monday, October 4, 2010

Good questions to ask your child....

When is picture Day? Where is your order form?

Where do I sign on your Dear Parent Spelling assignment?

Show me your September Notebook quiz results... where do I need to sign?

Do you have a story due this week? Answer: No, we are honing our editing skills with the use of the editing symbols.

Demonstrate a Fast Array for 28 divided by 7

Explain how division is the inverse of multiplication

Create a Fact Triangle for me and tell me how the Commutative Property of Multiplication pertains to it? (a * b) = (b * a)


Demonstrate an Equal Share Drawing for 21 and 3


May I look at your new Reading Contract? What do we need to discuss about the contract? Answer: Number of minutes, accuracy rate, and which items your child would like to complete on the grid.

When is our auction? How many Krupa Dollars do you currently own? How have you earned Krupa dollars? How have you lost Krupa dollars?

Review new Spelling list

Discuss LOC and how it pertains to the October Reading Contract

Check to see that your child has begun creating their AR seven book list. New AR book choice should be listed by Wednesday.