Tuesday, November 25, 2008

December Reading Contract

Reading Contract
For December

I, _________________________ will read at home every day and will keep a log of my daily reading minutes in my agenda. My goal is to read _260_or_(_____)_ minutes for the month of December. The month of December can be a very busy month, so this month’s RM goal is a minimum of 20 minutes per school night.

My parents will check my reading minutes and sign my agenda at the end of every day. I will return it to school daily so my teacher can check it.

I understand that to be eligible for an end of the month reading reward, I must read, sign, and comply with the terms of this contract. We will be having a White Elephant Sale on Friday, December 19th and to be able to participate I must have met my reading goal by the early afternoon (12:10 PM) of Thursday, December 18th.

Also, I will need to take a minimum of ____ one___Accelerated Reading test and ___one___ read-aloud (teacher read aloud book) test by Thursday, December 18th with an accuracy rate of 80%. My reading range is ______________________________________________________________.

This month we will also need to memorize and recite one winter poem by ourselves or with a partner. This poem must be presented to the class by Friday, December 18th. We will be choosing a poem during the first week of December. Make sure to get your poem approved by your teacher on or before Friday, December 5th.
________________________
Student Signature
________________________
Parent Signature
________________________
Teacher Signature

Name of AR book___________________________________________________

Name of poem______________________________________________________

Note: Signed contracts are due back in school no later than ___December 5th___.