Monday, September 15, 2008

Monthly Reading Contracts

Our first contract went home tonight. They are to be discussed and signed by the student and the parent. The signed contracts are due on Thursday, September 18th. See below.




Reading Contract
For September


I, _________________________ will read at home every day and will keep a log of my daily reading minutes in my agenda. My goal is to read _____300______ minutes for the month of September.

My parents will check my reading minutes and sign my agenda at the end of every day. I will return it to school daily so my teacher can check it.

I understand that to be eligible for an end of the month reading award, I must read, sign, and comply with the terms of this contract.

Also, I will need to take a minimum of two / three (circle your choice) Accelerated Reading tests by Wednesday, October 1st with an accuracy rate of 80%. My reading range is _____________________________.

Finally, I will need to complete each task on the back of this contract and have an adult verify that I completed each task by initializing near each activity.
Here is a quick list of the assignments that I need to complete to participate by 8 AM on the morning of October 1st.

300 Reading Minutes
Read ______AR books
Successfully pass _______AR tests with 80% accuracy
Complete the grid on the back of this contract


________________________ _______________________ ____________________
Student Signature Parent Signature Teacher Signature


Note: Signed contracts are due back in school no later than September 18th.